- Matariki is the Maori name for a group of stars known as the Pleiads star or seven sisters.
- Some people think of Matariki, as a mother star with 6 daughters, and it is often reffered to as 7 sisters.
- Matariki appears in the eastern sky sometime around the shorted day of the year.
- It is thought to determine how successful the season.
- The brighter the stars the more productive the crop will be.
- It is the name of the Pleiades Star Cluster which was important for Agriculture in establishing the correct time to plant crops.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Friday, June 24, 2011
This is how I learn my spelling
Find These Words.
Long Short Tall
Near Low Wide
Lenght Language Thin
Height Hear Shellow
Sank Sink Depth